Aug 14, 2009

$500 for 1 year warranty!

I've bought DELL laptop on March last year. Using it until early January this year, the laptop graphic card started to have problem. So, they replace the whole motherboard for me on the February as it is still under warranty.
1 Month later, another problem arise. The LCD screen unable to turn on when the laptop is power up. The whole mother board still running and I still can hear the Windows log in tone. Intermittently, I'm able to power the LCD but most of the time, I failed.
So, I called the DELL service center and they diagnosed that the LCD and LCD cables are the root of the problem. They claimed that its not the graphic card problems and refuse to repair for me again. Since I'm out of warranty, they said that I need to renew the warranty by paying SGD$500 for a 1 year extend warranty + repairing fee. It's $500!!! just to extend another year of warranty. If I do not pay, they will not help me fix the LCD cables. Currently, the HP mininote is around the 1 year warranty price. How will I willing to pay $500 just to fix my LCD cables! More over, I checked online and the extended 1 year of hardware warranty is just $200++. With accident plan cover, also cost about $400++!!! Why they charged me extra? Do you think is it worth repairing the LCD of 1 year old laptop by paying $500? Or I should just use the laptop and pray that I can turn on the LCD on the 1st attempt?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stick back on ur laptop .. :D atom processor is not good at all. U bought it in sg ar ? Buy macbook tat the way haha

Feed