Sep 7, 2010

Daily Intention setting

Intention to me is like purpose of doing something in order to get another thing. It can be an aim or goal you set as well. No matter what you do, what you want to get in term of material or non-material form such as knowledge or satisfaction, there is always an intention or purpose behind.
Intention can be good and bad. Good intention always lead you to positivity and constructive result to you or people/things surround you. Bad intention will lead you to negativity and destructive to people/things around you and yourself. Both results are measurable by time. Is just the matter of fact that you can received it in immediate or later.

My life is set with an ultimate goal that I need to achieve no matter how! In order to achieve it, I have a long way to go to. Many personal obstacles I have to overcome. Many wisdom I need to learn and apply. It's not easy and the journey is long. Proudly said that I'm not alone in this journey. I have many people supporting me to strive to the goal. This is a very very big stride.
The big stride start amazing starts with a small single step. Every single day of what you do and perform will lead you to the ultimate goal you have. As an engineer, here comes the equation:
Small steps -> A big Stride
Daily performances -> Goal of your life
Daily performance = Small single step
So in order to achieve the big goal of life you need to accumulate every small little steps you do daily. The ultimate goal will not achieve in a day nor buy doing a single step!

Everyday, I think of my personal ultimate goal. I've been ignoring the small littles steps that I need to take before I reach there. I just keep dreaming that I will reach there someday and without taking much serious actions everyday.
Now I finally realized that, I need to set an positive and good intention daily. Not only that, time need to be well planned as well. For each and every occasion in a single day need to set at intention behind to drive you there or to motivate you to learn something.
How can I do that?
1. Well planned schedule ahead. It can be plan day before or even every morning before you start your day!
2. Take a deep breath and close your eyes.
3. Think of what you want to do; what you want to learn; what you want to achieve.
4. Set it right with a positive intention behind. Use positive and encouraging words in setting your intentions.
5. Focus and complete it.
6. Acknowledge yourself once you complete. (very important as acknowledgement can drive you further and this is what I do not practice.) Acknowledgement can be as simple as praising yourself!

Set it daily in the beginning and slowly advance to weekly, monthly and yearly.

PS. I start doing this today. I split it into day and night and sharing this in my blog is part of my night time intention. I intent to record this down to remind myself and share this to others. My mind is focused, and it feels great after blogging it out and fulfill my daily intention!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello nice advice, saw this blog the other day = what you want to be in life means doing what you like and are good at it. take care

Feed