Feb 10, 2008

The RM350 bus ticket

I've done many hilarious things in my life. One of it was 2 days ago. Even me also can not accept this huge stupid mistake I've done.

I've bought the flight ticket to go back to Johor on 9 Feb which cost me RM250 pax. The departure was printed 2050 on the self printed ticket. The very mistake I made was I do not read the TIME carefully. It was way back to 2 months ago when I print out the ticket. I was so blurred that I interprated 2050 as 10:50pm. Then I keep on reminding myself that my flight was at 10:50pm (2050! It's minus 12hrs). I did not even bother to check and look again the date and time on the tickets before I went to the airport. When I reach airport at 10:00pm on that day, I went to check in my ticket and the guy at the check in counter told me to read the time carefully. Then I only found that the plane which I am going to take had already reach Johor. Hahaha...

Without any choice left, I had to rush and get bus ticket or else I am definitely miss my Monday work. When I reach the Penang bus station around 10:45pm (2045!), I thought of try out my luck to hope there's still seats for 2 heading direct to Singapore on that night. However, only bad news received from all the ticket counters. The best choice left for me is get a 9:30am morning bus to Johor bus station on the next morning which fall on 10 Feb. Without any negotiation point, my only hope to go back cost me another RM100.

In the end I am still able to reach my workplace on Monday morning but it cost me RM350 and 15 hrs ride to reach Singapore!!! So the lesson of this story is you need to minus 12hrs when you interprate international time format and check you transportation tickets after you purchase them! Or else, you'll end up like foolish me.

No comments:

Feed