Feb 19, 2008

What you Lost is What you'll Gain


I always belief the Taoism philosophy, the existence of Yin and Yang. The Yin is always oppose of the Yang, for example Yin is dark and Yang will be the light. However they also collaborate between each other in order to be exist. Therefore there's always black dot in the white and vice versa. (Ok, the topic today not discussing the symbol :P)

Just like the Yin and the Yang, something we lost or sacrificed there must be something in exchange that we will gain. Sometimes the profit you gain can be greater then what you have lost. For instant, when I move and start working in Singapore, I have to give up driving my car. Non PR, driving Malaysia number plate car in Singapore is costly. Don't mention about owning a Singapore car in further. It's even much worse in up keeping your car then owning one car. Without own four wheels, I have to use public wheels. Definitely the traveling time and distances will become longer compare to driving by your own. In the other way round, I found myself have a lot of spare time while traveling. I used the free time to read books, play games and sometimes take rest while in the train or in the bus. Within months, I finished a few books, accomplish a few games and fall sleep a few times as well. Without owning a car, I save tons of money in petrol and installment too. In my perspective, I am actually enjoy myself without driving. I really open my eyes when walking rather then "open my eyes" to be cautious while driving.

Though some people might think that travel with public transport is very tedious and wasting time. I don't deny that as well, but in the end, it just depend on how you see through it. Be optimism and you will find yourself happy and joyful always.

No comments:

Feed