Aug 3, 2010

Don't speak De- Un- Dis- words that hurt

My best pal just passed over another great book he finished to me weeks ago. The author name is Dale Carnegie and the book title is
In one of the early chapter, he shared: "If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person's point of view and see things from that person's angle as well as from your own."
Before I make any decision, I always compare from my point of views and other people stand point as well. Today I learn something even more powerful, instead of other people stand point, I positioned myself as that person and what will he think and what will he do? It's no longer and I and You thinking. It's an I + You + I am You thinking.
Peoples' hearts are fragile and sensitive. They are sensitive to the negative words. The negative words are like hammers that will shatter people fragile hearts. Example of negative words are normally found in the letter starts with "De-", "Un-", "Dis-" (maybe more), like De-motivate, De-moralize, Un-happy, Un-grateful, Dis-like, Dis-courage and etc. All these words will tend to get you further apart from people who you try to communicate with. Worse is irritate, and worst is outrage others by offending them.
So next, time DON'T speak these words to people. People just don't like to hear them. Paraphrase them to become a nicer way or manner before the words come out from the mouth. Do you know it's a challenge in doing that as well? You can turn happy to UN-happy and you can't find word such as UN-sad.

No comments:

Feed