Aug 24, 2010

Read Aesop Fables again when you grow up

When we were kids, our parents and teachers used to read Aesop Fables to us. The very first one that I know of is The ants and the grasshopper. It was the first that I read. For those adults that forgotten the story, it goes like this:

THE ANTS were spending a fine winter's day drying grain collected in the summertime. A Grasshopper, perishing with famine, passed by and earnestly begged for a little food. The Ants inquired of him, "Why did you not treasure up food during the summer?" He replied, "I had not leisure enough. I passed the days in singing." They then said in derision: "If you were foolish enough to sing all the summer, you must dance supperless to bed in the winter."

Does the story sound familiar to you all? When we were young, we learn these Aesop's short stories. During back then, these stories are cartooned. I admit, when I was young I personally enjoyed watching the pictures or cartoons more than I knowing the moral behind each stories.

There are 100 over short stories being told by Aesop. Not only kids need to read them, I think youngsters and adults now a days also need to go through the stories again, learn and practice the moral conveying behind each stories. When you are grown up, the understanding of each stories will be different from a viewing point as when you are a kid. Go through them every night like your parents use to tell you bed time stories when you are young. I believe you'll enjoy and learn at the same time.

No comments:

Feed